Sunday, March 17, 2019

Channellock GLS-3 Griplock Plier Set Review

I've been using Channellock tools (needle nose pliers, wire cutters, linesman's pliers, and water pump pliers (aka slip joint wrenches) for about 50 years. They are excellent in quality, design, and usability. They are my go-to tools.

While watching a repair show, noticed some repairmen recommending Knipex pliers for their grabbing ability. The guys were salivating over them because of their ease of use and quality German manufacturing. So I did a little research and discovered that a set of three 7, 10, and 12 inch pliers is about $90 on Amazon. Then I discovered on YouTube some video reviews for Channellock pliers, a set of 6, 10, and 12 inch pliers for $29. I love the design, with the angled head and the cut jaws that allow an unslippable grip on bolts and nuts.

So I ordered the Channellock set. The pliers are an amazing bargain and they are lighter than the old, flat jawed versions. The pliers are very well made (in the USA), and they feel great in my hand. Like the Knipex models, the Channellock pliers feature the cut jaws that allow a positive grip on angled work. Grab one of these and you can imagine removing that water pressure reducer, tightening that air hose coupler, or installing the new shower head in the bathroom.

I like these so much that I'm thinking about ordering a second set, for jobs where it is necessary to have two pliers on a tightening or loosening job.

Highly recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment