Monday, December 16, 2019

My First Experience with Induction Cooking--I Love It

This is my first experience with induction cookers, so, cheapskate that I am, I chose this Rosewill unit for about half the price of the other brands, that look like the same product with different names. At any rate, for the low price, I was surprised at the degree of control that can be selected on this: (1) how many watts of cooking power do you want? 300 up to 1800. (2) what temperature would you like to maintain? 150 to 450? (3) How long would you like to cook? and so on. A real surprise was the speed of cooking. We boiled some water as a first test and were amazed to see the bubbles starting up so fast. Then I made some eggs, and almost got back to the bowl too late. We made some spiced cider and the unit kept the standby temp between 200 and 250.

IMPORTANT TO KNOW: (1) induction cookers require flat-bottomed pots and pans that are magnet-friendly. To be sure your pot or pan will respond to a magnet, a refrigerator magnet is included in the box to test. (2) NOT ALL STAINLESS STEEL pots and pans are magnet-friendly. I learned this by accident just in the past few months. And, of course, aluminum is not magnetic.  (3) A pot and glass lid are included in the package, making this a deal you can't pass  up.
The unit appears to be well made, including a thermostat-controlled muffin fan (like the fans that cool PCs).

I'd say, if you want to find out what induction cooking is like, take a chance and get one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment