Monday, November 10, 2014

Circulon Cookware Pots and Pans Review

Rarely have I owned a product so consistently satisfying as the pots and pans made by Circulon. But before I grow even more complimentary, let me say that I have received no goods, services, or money from Circulon, nor has anyone requested this review.

I bought a set of Circulon pots and pans (I think it was from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, somewhere around 1998 or 1999. I have used them with joy ever since. They cook evenly, they still look like new, and best of all, they clean up so easily it's amazing. The non-stick surface is truly effective.

In fact, the reason I was prompted to write this review came after washing up a couple of pots recently. I was once again admiring how easily they clean up. And then later that day I had been in the cooking section of a Target store and noticed a couple trying to determine which frying pan to buy. Target had a selection ranging from the thin, cheap, Teflon-coated pans I used to buy myself, to the pricier and somewhat better, heavier pans.

If the couple hadn't left the cookware aisle abruptly, this is what I was going to say to them: "Don't waste your money on those cheap pots and pans, that you'll need to replace every year or so. Bite the bullet and invest in a set of Circulon cookware. True,  you're looking at more than twice the price, But you'll discover that you're getting more than twice the performance." Amazon has Circulon cookware in several choices, at about $200 for a nice set.

I've heard that Calphalon is a similar kind of cookware, with flat bottoms inside. (Circulon is so named because the inside bottom of each pan and pot features a circular pattern, sort of like little ridges and valleys.) Amazon also carries Calphalon at similar pricing.

If you want other opinions, click on the Amazon link and read some of the reviews. Note that the average rating from the reviewers is about four and a half stars.

If you cook, do yourself a favor and invest in a set of these pots and pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment